TOUR ITALIAN WINERIES WITH US!
Winery Tour April 2024
As we did last year, we’ve organized a tour of Italian wineries for our friends and customers.
This is an insider’s tour, providing access to people and places only possible because you’ll be traveling with us, a wine importer and retailer. Your day will be filled with winemaker lunches and dinners, vineyard and cellar tours, peppered with sufficient free time on your own away from the group.
Sat, Apr 6th – Mon, Apr 7th: Rome on our own
- Recommended arrival in Rome – 2 days to tour on your own and to recover from jet lag.
- Our list of suggested hotels to follow. Booking online will require no command of the Italian language.
Mon, Apr 8th – Tour begins. Agricultural Society Bussoletti Leonardo, SS, Umbria
- A.M. Our driver, Stefano, meets our group at a central meeting place in Rome. Loads bags onto bus. Bus seats 20, so we’ll have room to spread out.
- Overview of the week as we drive
- Drive 1.5 hrs to Azienda Leonardo Bussoletti (San Gemini/Terni, Umbria). Visit winery/area, dinner, stay at Bussoletti or San Gemini, TBD.
Tue, Apr 9th – Colle Santa Mustiola, then Cupano in Montalcino
- Post-breakfast departure from San Gemini.
- Drive 1.5 hrs to Colle Santa Mustiola (Chiusi).
- Winery tour and lunch at Santa Mustiola.
- Meet Fabio Cenni, “the Sangiovese Whisperer”
- After lunch, drive to Montalcino, visit Cupano.
- Dinner/Hotel in Montalcino.
Wed, April 10th – Siena, then Tenuta Carleone in Chianti
- Post-breakfast departure from Montalcino.
- Drive for 1.5 hr drive to Siena, then tour Siena on your own.
- Afternoon departure from central location in Siena.
- Drive 50 minutes to Chianti for tour, tasting and dinner at Tenuta Carleone in Radda in Chianti.
- Depart Carleone for drive to Hotel in Radda in Chianti.
Thur, April 11th – Papiano (Romagna, pending recovery from floods and earthquake)
- Depart Chianti for 3-hr drive to Romagna.
- Visit Villa Papiano in Forli, specialists in Sangiovese.
- Dinner and hotel in Forli or nearby.
(pending – after their devastating Spring floods, this area was hit with an earthquake. But we have many plan Bs.)
Fri, April 12th – Secondo Marco in Valpolicella, then Verona
- After breakfast, depart Forli.
- Drive 3.25-hr drive to Secondo Marco in Fumane (Valpolicella).
- Lunch at Secondo Marco, then tour.
- Hotel in Verona for final night of the tour.
- Stefano departs (tipping our driver is up to individual participants).
April 13th – Departure from Verona airport (or stay for Vinitaly)
- Breakfast at hotel
- Return to airport in Verona via individual taxi service (not included in fee)
- Alternative plan – attend Vinitaly on your own in Verona – just book your hotel/airbnb now!
Cost is estimated at $2,500 – $3,000* per person, double occupancy. Final price to be provided at our Nov 3 informational meeting. Email email@example.com for information on this meeting.
- Includes food, lodging and transportation (except as noted).
- Airfare not included.
- Lodging and meals in Rome not included
*Our objective is not to make a profit as a tour organizer. Our goal is to provide a one-of-a-kind experience for curious wine lovers!