If I were tasked with naming a Cheddar cheese after a dead, gay, Irish playwright, novelist, poet, and wag**; I don’t think I could come up with a better name than Oscar Wilde Irish Cheddar.
This aged, crumbly, classic cheddar is a versatile table and cooking cheese, that’s been aged for two years in Ireland’s dairy heartland, County Cork.
With a distinct creamy flavor, this cheese is made from farm-fresh cow’s milk from multi-generation family farms.
Cattle are pasture-fed for most of the year, including during the milking season. This natural white cheddar has a semi-firm texture and pairs well with eggs, fresh fruit, fig spread, and toasted Marcona almonds.
Spice and sweetness accent the creamy notes, so try it crumbled over an apple cobbler for a simply divine experience. The cheese also makes an excellent companion to dark beer, and bold, spicy reds.
There’s good reason why Oscar Wilde has become our best selling cheddar cheese – it’s tasty, versatile, and priced right!
***Here’s a few choice quotes from dear, departed Oscar:
– The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
– I am not young enough to know everything.
– I can resist anything except temptation.
– No good deed goes unpunished.
– Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
– We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.